Hyperion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyperion

guild site for hyperion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raid group names.

Go down 
+2
shemek
Ph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ph

Ph

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:10 pm

We had this chat on vent the other day, concerning raid group naming.
In order to avoid the "OMG BUT RAID GROUP 1 IS BETTER THAN RAID GROUP 2 RIGHT? QQ!" factor, we should come up with raid group names.

Here are the names I got from WoW lore, belonging to Titans:

10 man raid groups:
Norgannon
Pantheon

25 man raid group:
Khaz'goroth
Back to top Go down
http://www.diogomatias.com

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
shemek

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:04 am

Now its going to be "OMG BUT NORGANNON IS BETTER THAN PANTHEON RIGHT? QQ!"
Razz:P tbh you should name raid groups : shemek1 and shemek2 Razz and QQing will look much better =)
Back to top Go down
Tzimisce
Officer
Tzimisce

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:45 am

I totally agree!
I suggested this to my previous guild too, but was shot down.
IT'll be fun if we get some friendly competition between the 'squads'.

PLEASEpleasePLEASE let my group be named The Bumblebee squad! (Minimum one exclamation mark is required)
Back to top Go down
Liphia
Officer
Liphia

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Boh and I discussed this the other night, and we decided that Greek Titans would be appropriate, as Hyperion is the greek Titan of the sun.

We suggested:

Oceanus
Enceladus
Back to top Go down

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Give Oceanus, as I love the ocean!
Back to top Go down
Ph

Ph

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Liphia wrote:

We suggested:

Oceanus
Enceladus

I suggest Prometheus for the 25 man raid group

Prometheus

Prometheus was the wisest Titan. His name means "forethought" and he was able to foretell the future. He was the son of Iapetus . When Zeus revolted against Cronus Prometheus deserted the other Titans and fought on Zeus side.

By some accounts he and his brother Epimetheus were delegated by Zeus to create man. In all accounts, Prometheus is known as the protector and benefactor of man. He gave mankind a number of gifts including fire. He also tricked Zeus into allowing man to keep the best part of the animals sacrificed to the gods and to give the gods the worst parts.

For this Zeus punished Prometheus by having him chained to a rock with an eagle tearing at his liver. He was to be left there for all eternity or until he agreed to disclose to Zeus which of Zeus children would try to replace him. He was eventually rescued by Heracles without giving in to Zeus.

Back to top Go down
http://www.diogomatias.com

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Hmm..was gonna recommend Group 1=Titans, Group 2=Spartans. But it sounds to cheesy :p
Back to top Go down
Vym
Officer

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:56 am

I suggest Prometheus for the 25 man raid group

Prometheus

Prometheus was the wisest Titan. His name means "forethought" and he was able to foretell the future.

For this Zeus punished Prometheus by having him chained to a rock with an eagle tearing at his liver. He was to be left there for all eternity or until he agreed to disclose to Zeus which of Zeus children would try to replace him.
[/quote]

In the legendary words of Zeus himself *Predict that biatch*

In seriorsness im making an executive decision. Liph and myself have called the names for the 2x 10 man grps, Ph's choice stands for the 25 man.

Fin
Back to top Go down

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:05 pm

I know this topic has already been discussed, but I quite like the names of Hyperion's children:

Eos, Helios, Selene

You'll probably end up having a go at me and saying that you have already desided, but I just thought I'd share these names, as they sound cool =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raid group names. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid group names.   Raid group names. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raid group names.
Page 1 of 1